One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The stereotype is an elderly, fogeyish male, blissfully ignorant of the everyday concerns of people who appear before him.’
- ‘The most animated ones are wearing fogeyish clothes: bow-ties and blazers.’
- ‘Two months ago, when the change was announced, a fogeyish campaign was mounted to save the theme.’
- ‘All of this fogeyish complaining stems from reading the title of this album, the debut from the Capitol Years.’
- ‘‘I'm really fogeyish about this,’ she replies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.