One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But the greatest narratological weapon has been focalization, i.e. the point of view or perspective from which an event is described.’
- ‘The novel hides its subversive ideology behind Oshinica's focalization, masterfully using it to challenge the establishment.’
- ‘The freshness of effect that is produced by Moon Shadow's naive perception springs from child focalization.’
- ‘In Scarlet Sister Mary, shifts in focalization between omniscient and limited perspectives delve frequently into Mary's consciousness.’
- ‘But what she can do is force a shift in focalization - an even rarer feat in the context of this particular narrative.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.