One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of flat Italian bread made with yeast and olive oil and flavored with herbs.
- ‘As I sit, waiting patiently for the gnocchi, I am brought some soft, moist focaccia.’
- ‘I am much more likely to turn to the soda bread, or maybe the spongy, airy focaccia.’
- ‘I went for the latter, a delicious little focaccia.’
- ‘This was, of course, back in the days before focaccia bread and hummus, when all Sainsbury's sold was rabbits.’
- ‘How much oil should you drizzle on your focaccia?’
- ‘While most are familiar with focaccia, the Italian flatbread, ciabatta was all new to me.’
- ‘Next-door is the chilled out Meet Café, which does light snacks on Italian lines including focaccia and panini sandwiches.’
- ‘Give focaccia and ciabatta a rest and try Melba toast for a change - but make it the easy way.’
- ‘If you are seriously on the hoof, then you can have sandwiches, freshly made as you watch, with ciabatta, focaccia, or baguettes.’
- ‘Here's how to knead yeast doughs like focaccia.’
- ‘In addition, they'll receive a variety of home-made mixes for breads, muffins, brownies and focaccia.’
- ‘It was at the farmer's market that we first discovered that our favorite bread maker was offering a bunch of different kinds of bread, not just focaccia.’
- ‘The cheeses you eat with your focaccia are obviously up to you.’
- ‘There is the bread shop on the corner, where my roommate Erin tried her first pizza bianca - focaccia topped with rosemary and oil.’
- ‘It adds robust flavor to focaccia, homemade breadsticks or quick breads such as biscuits or scones.’
- ‘Then they had some seafood with a light salad, focaccia bread and a smooth white Chianti to wash it down.’
- ‘I love Italian focaccia bread and this was my first time baking one on my own.’
- ‘Flutes of champagne are offered before each meal, and little stacks of focaccia for clearing the palate.’
- ‘Food includes hearty pizza and focaccia, and your wait staff all seem to know your name.’
- ‘The store offers either pita bread or Italian focaccia stuffed with beef, chicken or tuna.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.