Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A route regularly used by large numbers of migrating birds.
- ‘It's also the country's second largest avian flyway after the Pacific flyway.’
- ‘These studies also show that birds using easterly coastal flyways in the fall return by more westerly central routes in spring.’
- ‘The first is, yes, China needs to take its ecology seriously, and it has to improve its flyways for migratory birds.’
- ‘US farmworkers migrate along three principal streams, like the flyways of bird migration, and the central route is by far the biggest.’
- ‘Most of our wintering birds navigate the Central flyway, one of four recognized routes down the continent.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.