Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A route regularly used by large numbers of migrating birds.
- ‘US farmworkers migrate along three principal streams, like the flyways of bird migration, and the central route is by far the biggest.’
- ‘These studies also show that birds using easterly coastal flyways in the fall return by more westerly central routes in spring.’
- ‘The first is, yes, China needs to take its ecology seriously, and it has to improve its flyways for migratory birds.’
- ‘Most of our wintering birds navigate the Central flyway, one of four recognized routes down the continent.’
- ‘It's also the country's second largest avian flyway after the Pacific flyway.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.