One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A disk-shaped flying craft supposedly piloted by aliens; a UFO.
- ‘A flying saucer crashed near Roswell, New Mexico, in 1947.’
- ‘It was all 1950s alien invasion stuff - flying saucers, lurid beam weapons - which was carried through all of the game's presentation.’
- ‘They are the archetypal flying saucers - disc-shaped objects with some kind of glow around them.’
- ‘I am just as enthusiastic about flying saucers as I always was, but the problem is that we are in the middle of a long, long, trough.’
- ‘They reported that alien beings had kidnapped them, taken them aboard their flying saucers, and, in some cases, subjected them to painful medical examinations before setting them free.’
- ‘Hank, who was piloting their flying saucer, thought for sure that this unfortunate event marked the end of their mission.’
- ‘Ever since so-called flying saucers were first spotted in the 1940s, a variety of people around the world have created fake images that they claimed were authentic.’
- ‘His claim is working with extraterrestrial flying saucers at an installation at Papoose Lake, south of Groom Lake, in an area he calls S - 4.’
- ‘Although UFO buffs may believe the military works on flying saucers there, no aliens are visible.’
- ‘For decades, speculation about extraterrestrial life has been boosted by tales of flying saucers and encounters with aliens.’
- ‘For some time we have been concerned by the recurring reports on flying saucers.’
- ‘He also spoke at the conference of the circular logic often used by pseudoscientists, such as UFO enthusiasts who start by assuming what they wish to prove - that flying saucers exist.’
- ‘On Tuesday, July 8, 1947, Col. Blanchard announces a flying saucer has been captured near Roswell.’
- ‘Five years before Roswell, she was seeing close up a flotilla of flying saucers.’
- ‘Jennings believes in flying saucers and extra-terrestrials and admits he is disappointed he has never encountered a UFO himself.’
- ‘He wrote and carried the press release to the major news outlets in Roswell on July 8,1947, that a flying saucer had been captured.’
- ‘Like the Heaven's Gate folks forty years later, Keech and her followers, known as The Seekers or The Brotherhood of the Seven Rays, were waiting to be picked up by flying saucers.’
- ‘Carr is a hero in the UFO literature, but his stories of flying saucers and alien creatures were all delusions.’
- ‘If the UFO turned out to be a spy plane, it could bring back memories of stories of flying saucers frequently found during the Cold War period.’
- ‘And anyway, we generated some prosaic explanations for the UFO sightings; neither of which involved flying saucers or earth lights.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.