One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tree-dwelling lemurlike mammal with a membrane between the fore- and hind limbs for gliding from tree to tree. It is nocturnal and native to Southeast Asia.Also called colugo
- ‘They proposed a monophyletic clade that includes primates, the tree shrew, the flying lemur, rabbit, and rodents.’
- ‘On the other hand, in Euarchontoglires (rodents, rabbits, primates, flying lemurs, and tree shrews), all recognized Alu-SINE subfamilies are distributed exclusively among primate genomes.’
- ‘The most common assumption from anatomical evidence has been that they group with primates, flying lemurs, and tree shrews, forming the Archonta.’
- ‘All models find the same arrangement for the primates and the Malayan flying lemur, with the flying lemur separating the anthropoids from the other primates.’
- ‘So I didn't get to see the umpteen varieties of lizards, snakes, flying lemur or pangolin, which are reputed to haunt the forests.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.