Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A tree-dwelling lemurlike mammal with a membrane between the fore- and hind limbs for gliding from tree to tree. It is nocturnal and native to Southeast Asia.Also called colugo
- ‘So I didn't get to see the umpteen varieties of lizards, snakes, flying lemur or pangolin, which are reputed to haunt the forests.’
- ‘They proposed a monophyletic clade that includes primates, the tree shrew, the flying lemur, rabbit, and rodents.’
- ‘On the other hand, in Euarchontoglires (rodents, rabbits, primates, flying lemurs, and tree shrews), all recognized Alu-SINE subfamilies are distributed exclusively among primate genomes.’
- ‘The most common assumption from anatomical evidence has been that they group with primates, flying lemurs, and tree shrews, forming the Archonta.’
- ‘All models find the same arrangement for the primates and the Malayan flying lemur, with the flying lemur separating the anthropoids from the other primates.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.