One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A movement in riding in which the leading leg at the canter is changed without breaking gait while the horse is in the air.
- ‘Pat and Magic continued to wow the crowd with canter half pass to flying change to canter half pass, perfect halts, and trotting backward.’
- ‘It was a joy to watch her in perfect fluid movement with her horse, performing moves like the half pass, flying change, piaffe and many others.’
- ‘The problem was at flying changes, he couldn't turn from left to right but generally he was very relaxed.’
- ‘The more difficult dressage test caught several riders, with the counter canter to flying change section appearing to cause the most difficulty.’
- ‘‘Most of the mistakes come because we are too quick with our aids,’ Schumacher said, whether that is in a trot-walk transition or a flying change.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.