One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pilot, especially one in the air force.
airman, airwoman, flyer, aeronautView synonyms
- ‘I'll tell ya, nothin more eye opening than a couple of them fly boys droppin’ a few Napes right on your bacon.’
- ‘Neither one of them was used to dealing with dead bodies; fly boys dropped bombs, but never saw the bodies, and psychiatrists rarely had to kill their patients.’
- ‘No doubt was in the corpulent man that the fly boys were snoozing away, most likely recovering from intoxication from their little victory celebration earlier today.’
- ‘It was 100 years ago this month that Orville and Wilbur Wright became famed fly boys, inventing what they call a flying machine.’
- ‘The Army boys showed Air Force how to play basketball at the recent 2003 NSW Inter-service Basketball Competition, beating the fly boys 65-58 and stealing the title for the first time in nine years.’
- ‘‘Commander, think fast,’ Alison said as she bumped into the former fly boy.’
- ‘At first he'd wondered if the clean-cut fly boys who risked their lives making low altitude parachute drops behind the iron curtain knew what their cargo was.’
- ‘‘I ran away to become a fly boy,’ he said mischievously.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.