One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A ball batted high into the air.
- ‘Watching games at these hitter-friendly stadiums is like watching Wiffle Ball or softball - with routine fly balls being home runs.’
- ‘Some of my line drives and fly balls that would have been home runs in other ballparks were against the fence for doubles in Washington.’
- ‘Brett hit a couple of warning-track fly balls in those last few games that died in the Midwestern wind.’
- ‘The batter hits a fly ball to the center fielder who thinks his catch would make it three nuts.’
- ‘Basically, Rusch is a guy who gives up a disproportionate number of line drives, and line drives aren't converted to outs nearly as frequently as grounders or fly balls.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.