One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The making of the artificial flies used in fly-fishing.
- ‘We would catch nymphs and take them home to study by my fly-tying table.’
- ‘Newcomers to the art of fly-tying could do a lot worse than to start out on a fly like this one.’
- ‘It's a girl you love, it's fly-tying, it's a banjo - all the things that make you want to dance.’
- ‘If he's into fly-tying, or if you think he might take to fly-fishing, there are endless gifts in that department.’
- ‘And on top of all this, if that wasn't enough, he is ‘the man’ when it comes to fly-tying.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.