Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A computer-animated simulation of what would be seen while flying through a particular region.
- ‘Difficulty is good - most missions will take more than a few fly-throughs to finish.’
- ‘There are no whizzy computer fly-throughs or expensive, glossy photomontages.’
- ‘I do architectural visualization, fly-throughs of buildings and things like that.’
- ‘The QuickTime movie is a fly-through, not the whole IBM Deutschland-crafted model.’
- ‘The Flash-generated fly-through travels south to north up Madison Avenue.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.