Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A synthetic antidepressant drug that acts by prolonging the effect of the neurotransmitter serotonin on the brain.
- ‘There was no difference in the effect size on either parameter between imipramine and the SSRIs, fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, citalopram, paroxetine, and sertraline.’
- ‘The SSRI class includes citalopram, fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, paroxetine, and sertraline.’
- ‘For Fluoxetine and fluvoxamine no specific effect of medication has been noted.’
- ‘In patients with persistent, disabling negative symptoms, trials involving the adjunctive use of L-dopa, amphetamines, tricyclic antidepressants, fluoxetine, and fluvoxamine are probably warranted.’
- ‘The ten antidepressants included paroxetine, fluvoxamine, citalopram, escitalopram, fluoxetine, sertraline, venlafaxine, bupropion, nefazodone, and mirtazepine.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.