Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A synthetic antidepressant drug which acts by prolonging the effect of the neurotransmitter serotonin on the brain.
- ‘For Fluoxetine and fluvoxamine no specific effect of medication has been noted.’
- ‘In patients with persistent, disabling negative symptoms, trials involving the adjunctive use of L-dopa, amphetamines, tricyclic antidepressants, fluoxetine, and fluvoxamine are probably warranted.’
- ‘There was no difference in the effect size on either parameter between imipramine and the SSRIs, fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, citalopram, paroxetine, and sertraline.’
- ‘The SSRI class includes citalopram, fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, paroxetine, and sertraline.’
- ‘The ten antidepressants included paroxetine, fluvoxamine, citalopram, escitalopram, fluoxetine, sertraline, venlafaxine, bupropion, nefazodone, and mirtazepine.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.