A synthetic antidepressant drug which acts by prolonging the effect of the neurotransmitter serotonin on the brain.
- ‘For Fluoxetine and fluvoxamine no specific effect of medication has been noted.’
- ‘In patients with persistent, disabling negative symptoms, trials involving the adjunctive use of L-dopa, amphetamines, tricyclic antidepressants, fluoxetine, and fluvoxamine are probably warranted.’
- ‘There was no difference in the effect size on either parameter between imipramine and the SSRIs, fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, citalopram, paroxetine, and sertraline.’
- ‘The SSRI class includes citalopram, fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, paroxetine, and sertraline.’
- ‘The ten antidepressants included paroxetine, fluvoxamine, citalopram, escitalopram, fluoxetine, sertraline, venlafaxine, bupropion, nefazodone, and mirtazepine.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.