One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An instrument for measuring the intensity of fluorescence, used chiefly in biochemical analysis.
- ‘The fluorescence measured by the fluorimeter is the sum of autofluorescence from natural chromophores in the skin and PpIX fluorescence.’
- ‘These instruments also have built-in fluorimeters that detect fluorescence emitted from nucleic probes annealed to target DNA at the conclusion of each PCR cycle.’
- ‘The fumonisin was eluted with pure methanol and measured in a calibrated fluorometer.’
- ‘The lamp intensity of the fluorometer was monitored for each sample.’
- ‘The advantage that fluorescence imaging instruments have over conventional fluorometers is that images of fluorescence parameters can be obtained from whole leaves or large numbers of plants.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.