One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An orange dye with a yellowish-green fluorescence, used as an indicator and tracer.
- ‘Anole splenocytes were phagocytically active and produced copious amounts of nitric oxide following exposure to fluorescein labeled E. coli bioparticles.’
- ‘A generation - 5 dendrimer platform with fluorescein, folic acid, and methotrexate on its surface may be better at killing tumor cells in vitro than a free drug.’
- ‘To this purpose we have considered four dyes, namely: indo - 1, rhodamine 6G, fluorescein, and pyrene.’
- ‘Quinine bisulfate was used as the standard for the bisbenzimide dyes, for PIH and ethidium bromide the standard used was rhodamine 101 and fluorescein was used for the cyanine dyes.’
- ‘Rhodamine and fluorescein signals were observed using a fluorescence microscope with the appropriate filters.’
Late 19th century: from fluorescence + -in.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.