One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A layer of a fluidized solid, used in chemical processes and in the efficient burning of coal for power generation.
- ‘One aspect of Brown's work includes combustion and gasification in fluidized beds for electric power production.’
- ‘These include solar and wind projects, gas-fired plants, pulverised-fuel plants, nuclear plants and greenfield fluidised bed combustion technology.’
- ‘Sarkus is optimistic about the future of fluidized bed combustion as well.’
- ‘Additionally, Reineccius suggests looking at using a fluidized bed during processing, which can be used to put a fat coating on the powder to help reduce flavor loss during baking.’
- ‘Waste in the fluidized bed has direct contact with the bed material, thereby improving the transfer of heat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.