Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Cause (a finely divided solid) to acquire the characteristics of a fluid by passing a gas upward through it.
- ‘They occur when a layer of unconsolidated sediment is fluidized and transport of fluid and suspended grains takes place through overlying sediment to the sediment-water interface.’
- ‘Fluidization experiments show that as flow velocities increase small grains can be carried through fluidizing beds containing a mixture of coarse and fine grains.’
- ‘In this instance a greater pressure differential is established, higher flow rates ensue, and a larger volume of sediment can be fluidized.’
- ‘In most basins sands that can be fluidized are interbedded with ‘leaky’ shales of high permeability (for shales) that do not sustain high overpressure during normal compaction.’
- ‘A sandstone dyke can form at any depth provided there is a source of non-cemented sand that can be fluidized.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.