One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Cause (a finely divided solid) to acquire the characteristics of a fluid by passing a gas upward through it.
- ‘They occur when a layer of unconsolidated sediment is fluidized and transport of fluid and suspended grains takes place through overlying sediment to the sediment-water interface.’
- ‘Fluidization experiments show that as flow velocities increase small grains can be carried through fluidizing beds containing a mixture of coarse and fine grains.’
- ‘In most basins sands that can be fluidized are interbedded with ‘leaky’ shales of high permeability (for shales) that do not sustain high overpressure during normal compaction.’
- ‘A sandstone dyke can form at any depth provided there is a source of non-cemented sand that can be fluidized.’
- ‘In this instance a greater pressure differential is established, higher flow rates ensue, and a larger volume of sediment can be fluidized.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.