One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An instrument for measuring the rate of flow of a fluid, especially through a pipe.
- ‘This paper examines the dependence of whole leaf hydraulic conductance to liquid water (K L) on irradiance when measured with a high pressure flowmeter.’
- ‘The hydraulic conductance of leaves was measured using the high pressure flowmeter.’
- ‘Before measurement, the turbine flowmeter was calibrated using a three liter calibration syringe.’
- ‘A single oscillator can serve as both a sensor (e.g., flowmeter, acoustic velocimeter) and an orifice.’
- ‘Handheld peak expiratory flowmeters have been widely used in the management of bronchial asthma, and as such are familiar to family physicians.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.