One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An ornamental tree grown for its spring blossom, the fruit not being considered edible.
- ‘Even though Japanese principles and classic flowering trees and shrubs such as wisterias, magnolias and flowering cherries have been used, everything has been sourced locally.’
- ‘They planted a spring flowering cherry tree, two buddleia bushes and a laurel bush, along with daffodil bulbs.’
- ‘These are gardens for all seasons with the rhododendron dell, the azaleas and flowering cherry trees in spring, and the rose gardens in summer.’
- ‘Spring flowering trees such as flowering cherries, plums and apricots should not be pruned during winter, otherwise you will cut off many of the flowers.’
- ‘Few trees can beat flowering cherries for their beauty, especially in early spring.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.