One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An ornamental tree grown for its spring blossom, the fruit not being considered edible.
- ‘These are gardens for all seasons with the rhododendron dell, the azaleas and flowering cherry trees in spring, and the rose gardens in summer.’
- ‘Spring flowering trees such as flowering cherries, plums and apricots should not be pruned during winter, otherwise you will cut off many of the flowers.’
- ‘Few trees can beat flowering cherries for their beauty, especially in early spring.’
- ‘They planted a spring flowering cherry tree, two buddleia bushes and a laurel bush, along with daffodil bulbs.’
- ‘Even though Japanese principles and classic flowering trees and shrubs such as wisterias, magnolias and flowering cherries have been used, everything has been sourced locally.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.