A plant that flowers at a specified time or in a specified manner.‘bedding plants and other summer flowerers’
- ‘Clematis ‘Jackmanii’ is a late flowerer with abundant purple flowers.’
- ‘Group one is made up of early flowerers including montana, armandii, alpina, and macropetala, all of which are about to flower their hearts out and so are best avoided.’
- ‘Clearly fulfilling the public's desire for heavy flowerers, Harkness sells more floribundas than any other group of roses, and has done so consistently since the late 1970s.’
- ‘Late winter flowerers amongst the exotic garden plants include the range of azaleas, camellias, purple magnolias and snow-sprayed, white Cape May bushes.’
- ‘Galanthus reginae-olgae is a reliable early flowerer, producing its faintly scented blooms as early as October.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.