One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The ideas of the flower children, especially the promotion of peace and love as means of changing the world.
- ‘Historians will be rambling on about the hippie movement and the summer of love and flower power, and all that stuff, for decades to come.’
- ‘It harks back to a time when love was free, flower power was king, flares were the order of the day, and people felt a little bit more chilled out about themselves.’
- ‘How could we battle the biggest trend to hit the nation since flower power when we didn't have the power of hit music to back it up?’
- ‘As flower power wilted and the Seventies took hold of America's collective consciousness in the real world, the beach became increasingly dangerous territory on the big screen.’
- ‘In much the same way, he says, the peak of the U.S. Baby Boom occurred in the late 1960s, when flower power and numerous social and political movements thrived.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.