One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Rag trade insiders say designs will go retro once more, taking their inspiration from the 1970s and the New Romantics of the 1980s, with frills and flouncy, folk-inspired long skirts.’
- ‘The designers decided that the new trend was ‘High Femininity’: girly, pretty, flouncy and frilly clothes.’
- ‘Pleated, flowered, straight or flouncy, ruffled, and ruched - even the more detailed designs have become commonplace to the point where we don't want to have anything to do with them.’
- ‘This season, the designer has added even more romantic details such as layers, mixes of textures, floral patterns, slinky fabrics, and turns out a surprising array of flouncy skirts, skinny jeans and flippy dresses.’
- ‘The performances (dolled up with all manner of flouncy costumes and props) are at least slightly theatrical, but the history lesson remains dull and awkward throughout.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.