One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The designers decided that the new trend was ‘High Femininity’: girly, pretty, flouncy and frilly clothes.’
- ‘The performances (dolled up with all manner of flouncy costumes and props) are at least slightly theatrical, but the history lesson remains dull and awkward throughout.’
- ‘Rag trade insiders say designs will go retro once more, taking their inspiration from the 1970s and the New Romantics of the 1980s, with frills and flouncy, folk-inspired long skirts.’
- ‘Pleated, flowered, straight or flouncy, ruffled, and ruched - even the more detailed designs have become commonplace to the point where we don't want to have anything to do with them.’
- ‘This season, the designer has added even more romantic details such as layers, mixes of textures, floral patterns, slinky fabrics, and turns out a surprising array of flouncy skirts, skinny jeans and flippy dresses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.