treated as singular The branch of phytogeography concerned with the study of plant species present in an area.
- ‘In addition, upper canopy vegetation is an efficient predictor of the understory vegetation and results from woody plant floristics may apply to other plants with similar distribution patterns.’
- ‘Variation in shade management on coffee farms provides a gradient of similar habitats that vary in the complexity of vegetative structure and floristics.’
- ‘Students rotated from one scientist to another, assisting with data collection, and gained insight into each scientist's particular area (wetland ecology, cryptogams, syntaxonomy, floristics, or natural history).’
- ‘You can find more information about floristics, collections, and images of flowering plants by looking through our Listings of Remote Catalogs.’
- ‘The first chapter deals with floristics and the origin of the floras of the Sonoran Desert.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.