One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the study of the distribution of plants.
- ‘Since 1971, eight floristic studies have contributed to our knowledge of the vascular flora of south Alabama.’
- ‘The relative species richness of the Preserve was then compared to selected floristic studies from the Cumberland Plateau using the same species area curve.’
- ‘The analyzed data consisted strictly of the presence/absence of non-woody species, since many of the studies were floristic inventories and lacked measures of relative abundance.’
- ‘However, a number of vascular floristic studies on the Cumberland Plateau in Tennessee in the past 40 years have increased our baseline botanical knowledge of this region.’
- ‘This descriptive floristic study will provide foresters, biologists, educators, and KSNPC personnel with data on the flora and vegetation of the Preserve.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.