One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A player who deliberately falls or stumbles in order to give the appearance of being fouled by an opponent.‘because no one wants to reward a flopper, many referees are hesitant to call fouls’
- ‘Fact is your team is a bunch of whiners, floppers and excuse-makers.’
- ‘He kicked a chair after picking up a second first-half foul and he has been dogged as a flopper and a complainer.’
- ‘The NBA will penalize floppers this season, fining players for repeated violations of an act a league official said has "no place in our game."’
- ‘Let the refs call out the floppers right then during the game which would embarrass and expose them.’
- ‘So while not a flopper himself, he understands the value that exaggerating contact can provide to a team.’
- ‘I agree, he is not only a jerk; he's the biggest whiner and flopper in the league.’
- ‘Floppers should have to sit out a game with a dunce hat on.’
- ‘Anyone worth their defensive salt wants nothing to do with being identified as a flopper.’
- ‘He got fined 5k for admitting to being a serial flopper.’
- ‘Although the fines are not particularly onerous, the shame of being publicly labelled a flopper might be an effective deterrent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.