One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A player who deliberately falls or stumbles in order to give the appearance of being fouled by an opponent.‘because no one wants to reward a flopper, many referees are hesitant to call fouls’
- ‘Although the fines are not particularly onerous, the shame of being publicly labelled a flopper might be an effective deterrent.’
- ‘I agree, he is not only a jerk; he's the biggest whiner and flopper in the league.’
- ‘The NBA will penalize floppers this season, fining players for repeated violations of an act a league official said has "no place in our game."’
- ‘Fact is your team is a bunch of whiners, floppers and excuse-makers.’
- ‘He kicked a chair after picking up a second first-half foul and he has been dogged as a flopper and a complainer.’
- ‘Anyone worth their defensive salt wants nothing to do with being identified as a flopper.’
- ‘He got fined 5k for admitting to being a serial flopper.’
- ‘Floppers should have to sit out a game with a dunce hat on.’
- ‘So while not a flopper himself, he understands the value that exaggerating contact can provide to a team.’
- ‘Let the refs call out the floppers right then during the game which would embarrass and expose them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.