One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A scale diagram of the arrangement of rooms in one story of a building.
- ‘To encourage downsizing, the movers have their customers place models of their furniture on a floor plan of the new apartment.’
- ‘So he and Kim created a simple floor plan whose room sizes and openings line up more precisely than in a typical American house.’
- ‘The floor plan includes both smoking and nonsmoking betting rooms, a bar, and VIP section.’
- ‘These locations can be the site of a building, the floor plan of a house or just the layout of a room.’
- ‘Draw a floor plan of your home showing two ways out of each room, including doors and windows.’
- ‘These changes make designing the floor plan a very complicated jigsaw puzzle.’
- ‘I filled her in and described the floor plan of the new family activity center.’
- ‘The floor plan is open and designed to encourage interaction.’
- ‘Keeping the floor plan intact, the design team began adding layers of island-inspired warmth.’
- ‘He found it about five feet from the emergency entrance, just as the floor plan had indicated.’
- ‘If you know what furnishings you are keeping in the room, measure them up and cut out scale models you can move around your floor plan.’
- ‘A floor plan for each addition to the building makes the discussions of expansion easy to understand.’
- ‘Add to your file a detailed floor plan of your room noting windows, doors and other permanent fixtures in the room such as fireplaces.’
- ‘Together, measure the room and make a floor plan on graph paper.’
- ‘The building had a streamlined floor plan, a streamlined look, and a streamlined construction.’
- ‘She thundered down the stairs and took a sharp right, remembering the floor plan of the apartment building from her briefing.’
- ‘Occasionally, the additional space for a control room expansion can be found by revising an existing floor plan.’
- ‘He pulled apart the floor plan to create two separate strands of buildings.’
- ‘I hope she finds something soon, of course, but not before she designs the floor plan for my new loft.’
- ‘The relative statuses of the different generations are evident in the floor plan and dimensions of a building and its rooms.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.