One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The leader of a party in a legislative assembly.
- ‘Stockton, 39, isn't quite the player he was five or 10 years ago, but he's still an incredible passer, a fine shooter and an outstanding floor leader.’
- ‘The floor leader was an undrafted rookie free agent who six years earlier stood willing to give up his basketball dream for the streets of Atlanta.’
- ‘Many of the team's woes over the years can be tied to the lack of a floor leader who looks to pass first.’
- ‘The floor leader of the House of Representatives is a vehement opponent.’
- ‘He is a floor leader who doesn't make a lot of mistakes.’
- ‘If the team loses him, it needs a steady floor leader who doesn't do anything special but avoids stupid mistakes and has a great feel for the game.’
- ‘He is a fiery floor leader, and his all-around skills have improved.’
- ‘Marbury was solid in his first year in Phoenix (as KJ was in his) but a nagging ankle injury and player and coaching movement prevented him from showcasing his full talent as a floor leader.’
- ‘The group elected Nikolov as its floor leader.’
- ‘Coach is a great defensive coach, a motivation and he pushes me to be the floor leader and get the ball to the right people.’
- ‘She is definitely our floor leader and our general and she can definitely lead us to gold.’
- ‘‘St. John's has an excellent floor leader,’ Tubby Smith says.’
- ‘He didn't shoot well, wasn't as effective a floor leader as he's been in the past, and had differences of opinion with coaches and other players.’
- ‘If you learn how to take charge of your team now, you will be a great floor leader as you get older.’
- ‘I was the pro-choice floor leader when the bill passed the Maryland House of Delegates in 1991.’
- ‘The steady hand of an experienced floor leader is invaluable, analogous to a quarterback in football and pitcher in baseball.’
- ‘Wallace began his statewide political career as a legislative floor leader for Folsom.’
- ‘This draft is deep in point guards, but not the point guards who were expected to make this a smorgasbord for teams searching for a floor leader.’
- ‘But Williams is still proving himself as a floor leader, and the key contributors are still extremely inexperienced.’
- ‘He's a natural floor leader, will pass the ball when Kobe tells him to and can hit open shots.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.