One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A routine of gymnastic exercises performed without the use any of apparatus.
- ‘Tankushev said Nikolina has added more difficulty to her floor exercise routine.’
- ‘Dressage is a mixture of extreme gymnastics and ballet - a bit like the floor exercise in Olympic gymnastics.’
- ‘In training two days later, her Achilles tore on the take-off for an Arabian double front on floor exercise.’
- ‘Guard Young set the tone for the USA, opening the night's competition on the floor exercise and nailing his routine with a 9.7.’
- ‘However, Romania roared back after strong performances on the balance beam and floor exercise.’
- ‘They certainly don't add a shred of artistry to a floor exercise.’
- ‘That year she placed fifth all-around, first on floor exercise, second on balance beam and third on vault.’
- ‘Romania's Catalina Ponor, the top balance beam and floor exercise finalist, scored a 9.750 in the final floor exercise routine to win Olympic gold on her 17th birthday.’
- ‘She also placed first in the all-around and on vault, second on balance beam and floor exercise, and fourth on uneven bars.’
- ‘I had hoped to be able to train in power tumbling, because the tumbling surface is not as hard on the ankles as beam and floor exercise.’
- ‘But he tumbled several high double layouts on floor exercise, and caught both a Kolman and layout Kovacs on high bar.’
- ‘Men's floor exercise, high bar, parallel bars, and women's vault and balance beam will be contested tomorrow.’
- ‘She tied for fourth place all-around and won only one individual event medal - the bronze medal on floor exercise.’
- ‘She also placed seventh on floor exercise and eighth on vault.’
- ‘In gymnastics, the floor exercise was her favorite discipline.’
- ‘At a pre-Olympic training camp in Minsk, however, she broke her neck during a tumbling pass on floor exercise.’
- ‘Since then, he has been regularly performing floor exercise, pommel horse, parallel bars, horizontal bar and roman rings at competitive levels.’
- ‘On floor exercise one gymnast tumbled a double layout, two whips to double pike, and stuck full-in dismount.’
- ‘On floor exercise, Chusovitina performed a full-out one night and a double layout another night.’
- ‘At the World Cup finals last December, she placed second on uneven bars, fifth on balance beam and sixth on floor exercise.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.