One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A substance which promotes the clumping of particles, especially one used in treating waste water.
- ‘The latter has four subgroups: corrosion inhibitors, coagulants and flocculants, oxidizers, biocides, and all other.’
- ‘Calgon Carbon emphasizes one major product, activated carbon; and SNF Floerger focuses on flocculants with plants in the South-East region of the United States.’
- ‘Coagulants and flocculants assist with the clumping of suspended solids for quick settlement of sludge.’
- ‘The chemical/petroleum processing industry is a heavy user of water treatment chemicals, ranging from corrosion inhibitors to coagulants or flocculants.’
- ‘Thus, one offers filters and membranes, another features coagulants and flocculants, and another emphasizes separation technologies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.