One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A substance which promotes the clumping of particles, especially one used in treating waste water.
- ‘The latter has four subgroups: corrosion inhibitors, coagulants and flocculants, oxidizers, biocides, and all other.’
- ‘Thus, one offers filters and membranes, another features coagulants and flocculants, and another emphasizes separation technologies.’
- ‘Calgon Carbon emphasizes one major product, activated carbon; and SNF Floerger focuses on flocculants with plants in the South-East region of the United States.’
- ‘Coagulants and flocculants assist with the clumping of suspended solids for quick settlement of sludge.’
- ‘The chemical/petroleum processing industry is a heavy user of water treatment chemicals, ranging from corrosion inhibitors to coagulants or flocculants.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.