One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Indeed, those early days of Johnson as a wild, high-strung flinger are getting hazier, wiped off the memory bank by the enduring image of a power pitcher who has developed impeccable control.’
- ‘Mrs. Medori is ‘la Maestra’ and conducts the concerto of flower flingers.’
- ‘I'm more of a flinger than a floater, so my teacher catches my hips, then he stands there and counts slowly to twelve while subtly, telepathically adjusting my posture and watching for signs of collapse.’
- ‘Without that hand speed, he might be just another flinger.’
- ‘Torpedo and missile launchers on capital warships are essentially flingers, just very specialized ones.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.