One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I'm mostly flightily, but somewhat seriously, thinking of forgetting grad school and being a bank teller or similar.’
- ‘The rain fell flightily, and we returned to the marina in the shadow of refueling tankers and 12-storey high container carriers that glide with bursts that belie their bulk.’
- ‘She loved every one - Goffin & King's sumptuous ‘So Much Love’, Randy Newman's fragile ‘Just One Smile’, Michel Legrand's flightily bonkers ‘The Windmills of Your Mind’.’
- ‘‘Hm, fine, have it your way,’ Dahni flightily drawled before the light on her half of the room went out.’
- ‘Girl from Mantuckit sang out and sat poutingly in her chair, and began swirling in it flightily.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.