Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A written account of the details of a particular proposed flight.
planned route, route, journey, way, road, path, courseView synonyms
- ‘Visual meteorological conditions prevailed for the cross-country flight and a flight plan was not filed.’
- ‘For this use, a flight plan is just a list of waypoints you string together from your starting point to your destination.’
- ‘The technicians track the aircraft on its flight plan and watch for any deviations.’
- ‘He kept writing them, like notes into a flight plan.’
- ‘They both spoke out loud, detailing the daily flight plan and any possible deviations from it while the office voice recorders logged their discussion.’
flight plan/ˈflī(t) ˌplan/
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.