One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Polymer modification is said to give the product tensile, flexural, and compressive strength that is well above normal concrete (up to 50% stronger, depending on thickness).’
- ‘Some failure in tension has occurred in the elements above the anomalous region where the flexural bending is concave downwards.’
- ‘Rather than mix its own concrete, the contractor bought ready-mixed concrete designed to achieve 2500-psi compressive strength and 800-psi flexural strength in 24 hours.’
- ‘The eigenvalues of the first bending and twisting modes of a structure are directly related to the flexural and torsional stiffness, respectively.’
- ‘The brick veneer wall is reported to have very low bond values and there is not a reliable source of flexural resistance, to resist lateral wind pressure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.