One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The brick veneer wall is reported to have very low bond values and there is not a reliable source of flexural resistance, to resist lateral wind pressure.’
- ‘The eigenvalues of the first bending and twisting modes of a structure are directly related to the flexural and torsional stiffness, respectively.’
- ‘Polymer modification is said to give the product tensile, flexural, and compressive strength that is well above normal concrete (up to 50% stronger, depending on thickness).’
- ‘Rather than mix its own concrete, the contractor bought ready-mixed concrete designed to achieve 2500-psi compressive strength and 800-psi flexural strength in 24 hours.’
- ‘Some failure in tension has occurred in the elements above the anomalous region where the flexural bending is concave downwards.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.