One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A small red mark caused by the bite of a flea.
- ‘I thought this might be a reaction to the antibiotics I had him on to heal sores from the original flea bites.’
- ‘The poor thing is allergic to flea bites, and has the most awful scabs around his back legs and tail area.’
- ‘To relieve itching, and to help heal flea bites and skin inflammation, consider giving your pet an herbal skin and coat rinse.’
- ‘About six days after suffering the infected flea bite, the victim develops a blackish pustule at the point of the bite.’
- ‘She had been locked away with a convicted murderer, and she had emerged with head lice and flea bites.’
- 1.1 A trivial injury or cost.‘the proposed energy tax amounted to little more than a fleabite’very small sum, pittance, trifle, trifling sum, drop in the ocean, insignificant sum, derisory sum, paltry sumView synonyms
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.