One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small jumping leaf beetle that can be a pest of plants such as crucifers.
- ‘The adult corn flea beetle carries the bacterium over winter and transmits it to corn when feeding on corn leaves.’
- ‘When you see a small black beetle jumping off your plants when you approach you might be tempted to call it a flea beetle.’
- ‘The corn flea beetle feeds directly on corn and is a vector of the Stewart's wilt bacterium.’
- ‘Iowa State University also includes a discussion of the flea beetle at their Integrated Crop Management Web site.’
- ‘Our first new rape crop has emerged and is already under attack from flea beetle - watch yours carefully.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.