Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1another term for linseed
- ‘Eat walnuts, freshly ground flaxseeds or flaxseed oil and soy foods.’
- ‘It appears that as little as one tablespoon of ground flaxseed a day could help protect against breast cancer.’
- ‘Stir in half the whole wheat flour, oil, sunflower seeds, flaxseed, salt and ginger.’
- ‘Healthy fats - the omegas - can be found in flaxseed oil, flaxseeds and cold-water fish such as salmon or tuna.’
- ‘Ground flaxseed is available at health food stores.’
- 1.1A pupa of the Hessian fly, which resembles a seed of flax.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.