Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An additive, e.g., monosodium glutamate, used to intensify or improve the flavor of food.
- ‘Wheat gluten has also been used as a cattle feed and as a starting point for the manufacture of the food flavour enhancer, monosodium glutamate.’
- ‘Sodium chloride is probably best known as a flavor enhancer in foods, but its addition to foods also helps to preserve the food from decay.’
- ‘It acts as a flavour enhancer for other fruit when it is cooked or used with other ingredients.’
- ‘Adding flavor enhancers that amplify the intensity of food odor may be useful in patients with hyposmia.’
- ‘During the study, different flavor enhancers will be used, including enhancers that taste like kiwi, almond, cheddar cheese, pistachio, and cocoa.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.