An additive, e.g., monosodium glutamate, used to intensify or improve the flavor of food.
- ‘Wheat gluten has also been used as a cattle feed and as a starting point for the manufacture of the food flavour enhancer, monosodium glutamate.’
- ‘Sodium chloride is probably best known as a flavor enhancer in foods, but its addition to foods also helps to preserve the food from decay.’
- ‘It acts as a flavour enhancer for other fruit when it is cooked or used with other ingredients.’
- ‘Adding flavor enhancers that amplify the intensity of food odor may be useful in patients with hyposmia.’
- ‘During the study, different flavor enhancers will be used, including enhancers that taste like kiwi, almond, cheddar cheese, pistachio, and cocoa.’