Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Any of a group of RNA viruses, mostly having arthropod vectors, that cause a number of serious human diseases including yellow fever, dengue, various types of encephalitis, and hepatitis C.
- ‘Other flaviviruses are yellow fever, Japanese encephalitis, dengue, and Saint Louis encephalitis.’
- ‘West Nile virus is an important arthropod borne flavivirus; it usually causes a mild infection called West Nile fever in humans and horses.’
- ‘Japanese encephalitis virus is the most important and widespread flavivirus in terms of human morbidity and mortality.’
- ‘West Nile virus is a flavivirus within the Japanese encephalitis serocomplex, which includes St Louis encephalitis, yellow fever, and dengue fever.’
- ‘West Nile virus is a single-stranded RNA flavivirus with antigenic similarities to Japanese encephalitis and St. Louis encephalitis viruses.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.