One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a group of RNA viruses, mostly having arthropod vectors, that cause a number of serious human diseases including yellow fever, dengue, various types of encephalitis, and hepatitis C.
Family Flaviviridae, three genera
- ‘Japanese encephalitis virus is the most important and widespread flavivirus in terms of human morbidity and mortality.’
- ‘West Nile virus is a single-stranded RNA flavivirus with antigenic similarities to Japanese encephalitis and St. Louis encephalitis viruses.’
- ‘West Nile virus is a flavivirus within the Japanese encephalitis serocomplex, which includes St Louis encephalitis, yellow fever, and dengue fever.’
- ‘Other flaviviruses are yellow fever, Japanese encephalitis, dengue, and Saint Louis encephalitis.’
- ‘West Nile virus is an important arthropod borne flavivirus; it usually causes a mild infection called West Nile fever in humans and horses.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.