One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A railroad freight car without a roof or sides.
- ‘It was a huge railway mortar, a flatcar with a giant gun on it.’
- ‘The plantation-style tree farm, founded in 1955, started moving truck trailers loaded with trees on railroad flatcars in 1988.’
- ‘Depending on their design, flatcars can accommodate containers that are placed singly or stacked two high.’
- ‘I later learn the Friends of the Bodie Railway & Lumber Company have found and restored one of the old flatcars, now displayed at June Lake.’
- ‘The canvas had slipped off onto the flatcar revealing a cannon.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.