One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Ordinary tap or bottled drinking water, as opposed to sparkling water.‘you won't get flat water here unless you request it’
- ‘Carbonated water, like Perrier, is another alternative to flat water.’
- ‘At the best restaurants in Auckland they ALWAYS ask if you wanted flat water (tap water in a carafe), still mineral or sparkling mineral water.’
- ‘Send a waiter over to my table and have him say: "Would you like sparkling or flat water tonight?"’
- ‘Of course the people who really know aren't going to be in the bar, they're in a dank meeting room drinking flat water and sucking on those boiled sweets you find only in hotel meeting rooms.’
- ‘There are plenty of things you can do to flat water to make it more fun.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.