One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Ordinary tap or bottled drinking water, as opposed to sparkling water.‘you won't get flat water here unless you request it’
- ‘Of course the people who really know aren't going to be in the bar, they're in a dank meeting room drinking flat water and sucking on those boiled sweets you find only in hotel meeting rooms.’
- ‘At the best restaurants in Auckland they ALWAYS ask if you wanted flat water (tap water in a carafe), still mineral or sparkling mineral water.’
- ‘Send a waiter over to my table and have him say: "Would you like sparkling or flat water tonight?"’
- ‘There are plenty of things you can do to flat water to make it more fun.’
- ‘Carbonated water, like Perrier, is another alternative to flat water.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.