One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An ordinary sheet for a bed as distinct from a fitted one.
- ‘To showcase the design of your flat sheet, lay it pattern-side down and fold the top edge over your quilt or comforter to display the pattern.’
- ‘Buy a flat sheet, cut a slit on each side of the top hem and slide a dowel rod through it.’
- ‘It's got a center of ivory highlighted with the small floral pattern around the edges which matches the flat sheet perfectly.’
- ‘On the eye-level shelf, fitted double sheets lie in one pile, single flat sheets in another, pillowcases in a third.’
- ‘When he awoke, there were flat sheets where his right foot would have been, and the other leg was a doomed mess with several fractures.’
- ‘Sandwich the folded fitted sheet and pillowcases inside the folded flat sheet.’
- ‘Select flat sheets in the closest size to the air mattress to guarantee a snug fit.’
- ‘Two fitted cot sheets, two flat sheets plus two cellular blankets are best (duvets are not recommended for babies under one year old), and a basic set should cost about £40.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.