One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See flat race
- ‘The final day of flat racing at Ascot was called off after the first race on Saturday because of a bomb threat.’
- ‘His ban, which is the maximum for the offence, is due to start on Tuesday 16 March and run until Thursday 8 April on days on which flat racing is scheduled to take place.’
- ‘With its sprint track, the racecourse serves a very useful purpose for flat racing in the spring and autumn.’
- ‘I assumed they didn't do jumps in the summer and that it was flat racing.’
- ‘Horses from Japan, Hong Kong, Europe and the United States will be competing for some of the biggest trophies in flat racing and the event will be broadcast to a global television audience of millions.’
flat racing/ˈflat ˈˌrāsiNG/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.