A file having no internal hierarchy.
- ‘Again, this could be done without a database - just dump it into flat files for all I care.’
- ‘Also, using databases rather than flat files to store messages has an obvious performance benefit.’
- ‘Other types of databases or even flat files may be used for data mining, but are more cumbersome and time-consuming to work with.’
- ‘As I don't have a database on this site, I've been using flat files.’
- ‘She briefly reviews the transition of flat files, hierarchical data models, network data models, and relational data models in database management systems.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.