One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The use of an intense flash of light to bring about decomposition or dissociation in a heated gas, usually as a means of generating and studying short-lived molecules.
- ‘Both these mechanisms were studied by laser flash photolysis, which was used to monitor the formation of any reactive products upon excitation of aloe emodin.’
- ‘Relaxation experiments such as flash photolysis and temperature jump experiments are excellent for measuring dynamics on the microsecond timescale if the dynamics of interest can be synchronized.’
- ‘The photochemistry of ninhydrin in benzene and water was studied by laser flash photolysis and electron paramagnetic resonance.’
- ‘One alternative approach is to use caged compounds, which can generate an active compound from a biologically inactive precursor by flash photolysis.’
- ‘The authors used emission spectroscopy, laser flash photolysis and pulse radiolysis to measure a series of photophysical parameters of curcumin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.