Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A kind of memory that retains data in the absence of a power supply.‘the diagnostics are kept in flash memory’
- ‘While flash memory is certainly useful, rotating storage proved to be a more interesting storage story.’
- ‘Its low power consumption and light weight make flash memory ideal for mobile devices.’
- ‘In the past two quarters alone, we shipped almost as many megabytes of flash memory as in the prior fifteen years combined.’
- ‘We present new products, including controllers, flash memory and conventional hard drives of various sizes.’
- ‘It uses flash memory to provide nonvolatile storage, which means that a power source is not required to retain stored data.’
flash memory/flaSH ˈmem(ə)rē/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.