One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a person's thoughts or mind) briefly and suddenly recall a previous time or incident.‘her thoughts immediately flashed back to last night’
- ‘My mind kept flashing back to what happened two weeks ago.’
- ‘Her mind flashes back to yesterday at twilight, when she'd started the engine, preparing to abandon Frank and escape the woods on her own.’
- ‘My mind immediately flashed back to my dream, and I blushed again.’
- ‘The events from the previous day came flashing back.’
- ‘Her mind flashed back to when he was talking to her.’
- ‘But then the look on that man's face suddenly flashed back to me.’
- ‘Suddenly my mind flashed back to a day eight months ago.’
- ‘Her mind flashed back to the time she first met Nick.’
- ‘Her mind flashed back to the events of the evening, the dancing.’
- ‘Images kept flashing back from the previous day, what she had said… what he had said…’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.