Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Fry (food) briefly and at a very high temperature.
- ‘Flash fried cuddle fish was tough and not great with a bland stretchy taste.’
- ‘The cuttle fish were flash fried in olive oil with garlic, sea salt and black pepper.’
- ‘The whole thing is flash fried and served with a spicy, crawfish based white sauce.’
- ‘So rather than flash fry the whole slab, Uenosan sliced the steak into cubes and flipped them from face to face, leaving the centre of each red, raw and quivering.’
- ‘Near here are a plethora of decent bars, night-clubs and restaurants, where the Malaga specialty is the fritura malagueno, which are small fish flash fried in olive oil.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.