One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
verb[WITH OBJECT]often as adjective flash-fried
Fry (food) briefly and at a very high temperature.
- ‘The cuttle fish were flash fried in olive oil with garlic, sea salt and black pepper.’
- ‘Flash fried cuddle fish was tough and not great with a bland stretchy taste.’
- ‘The whole thing is flash fried and served with a spicy, crawfish based white sauce.’
- ‘So rather than flash fry the whole slab, Uenosan sliced the steak into cubes and flipped them from face to face, leaving the centre of each red, raw and quivering.’
- ‘Near here are a plethora of decent bars, night-clubs and restaurants, where the Malaga specialty is the fritura malagueno, which are small fish flash fried in olive oil.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.