One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The only minus is that the sleeves are kind of flappy.’
- ‘In particular, the sleeves were just the right width - not too narrow, not too flappy.’
- ‘She wiped her cheeks with the hem of her big flappy shirt, exposing a bit of tan stomach.’
- ‘But now and again, I'd wake up to see 2 little dark shapes with little flappy wings gouging at my legs.’
- ‘So if muscular men in tight trousers and flappy shirts is more your thing, you know where to go.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.