One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A valve opened and closed by a plate hinged at one side.
- ‘The valve assembly includes one or more flapper valves that are able to pass a ball through at a minimum flow rate of fluid, enabling the ball to be used to operate the disconnect device.’
- ‘The divers were expected to start work tonight on installing a section of pipe and a flap valve to an existing culvert.’
- ‘Its only moving parts are a spring-loaded ‘clack’ valve and a non-return flap valve.’
- ‘We have done some work in Malton by installing flap valves into the drainage system and these have had an effect in keeping water levels down slightly.’
- ‘There the nozzle moves a flapper valve that seals the system out of the way.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.