One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A valve opened and closed by a plate hinged at one side.
- ‘Its only moving parts are a spring-loaded ‘clack’ valve and a non-return flap valve.’
- ‘There the nozzle moves a flapper valve that seals the system out of the way.’
- ‘We have done some work in Malton by installing flap valves into the drainage system and these have had an effect in keeping water levels down slightly.’
- ‘The divers were expected to start work tonight on installing a section of pipe and a flap valve to an existing culvert.’
- ‘The valve assembly includes one or more flapper valves that are able to pass a ball through at a minimum flow rate of fluid, enabling the ball to be used to operate the disconnect device.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.