Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A napped cotton fabric resembling flannel.[as modifier] ‘a flannelette nightdress’→ flannel
- ‘He wore a flannelette shirt over a black long sleeved shirt.’
- ‘I was wearing dirty sneakers, a flannelette shirt and didn't look very suitable at all.’
- ‘In the winter she'd warm a flannelette sheet on the fire guard.’
- ‘A few seconds later she came back wearing a pair of pink flannelette track pants with a matching jumper.’
- ‘I also had long hair, ripped jeans, and a penchant for flannelette shirts.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.