One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘What kept you going was an innate vital heat, a flameless flame.’
- ‘The building's facade was Art Deco, with motifs in raised stucco - a stylized eagle, and two side panels with elongated, flameless Olympic torches topped by geometric designs.’
- ‘Tetra smiled, and they took seats in a couple of high-backed armchairs in front of the fireplace, which was currently flameless.’
- ‘He invented numerous other things as well, including battery-heated gloves and a flameless cigarette lighter, and was as proud of his many patents as he was of all his awards as a performer.’
- ‘They require no refrigeration or freezing, utensils or heat source before consuming, although they can be warmed with a flameless ration heater.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.